Sunday, November 17, 2013

Live 1974 version of You've Got To Be Crazy


I've loved Pink Floyd's music since a friend introduced me to them in middle school in the mid to late eighties. The album Animals captures a lot of the qualities that came to be associated with the band's classic sound and themes, and I was struck how some of those 70s tinged themes seemed to become relevant again in the last decade. The album serves as an indictment of the shortcoming of an unjust, greed drive society. 

I was listening to the Pink Floyd Channel on Sirius XM and heard the above track, which would, with a different sound and other changes, become the song "Dogs" on Animals. I'd never heard it before and really love how it's done, so I searched for the specific live recording.  Enjoy this early version of the song with its steel breeze feel. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome! Just keep in mind that unsigned comments ("anonymous" people please sign in the text of your comment), spam, and abusive comments will be deleted.