Wednesday, November 27, 2013

How Buddhism is perceived (in the West)

[Serenity now.]

After some recent reading, I was pondering what Buddhism looks like to me from the view offered by popular presentations in Western societies, particularly in the English speaking world. This includes any materials published originally in English or translated into English which are intended to be accessible to lay people.

I wondered what Buddhism is all about from such a perspective, and I wrote down some of the initial thoughts I had on the matter. If you are interested, you can view them here:

Underinformed Speculation and Elaboration on Buddhist Teachings


Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome! Just keep in mind that unsigned comments ("anonymous" people please sign in the text of your comment), spam, and abusive comments will be deleted.