Saturday, October 26, 2013

Writing about the mind and consciousness

[Image for posts about my academic blog. Not a pic of me. I don't look this good.]
So I do this nerdy academic thing as a hobby and for work.

I started writing about some of my thoughts on humans and came up with a book manuscript over the fall of 2012 and early spring of 2013. Then I realized I needed to rewrite it as there were central themes emerging as well as ways to tie together and extend some of the ideas I was describing.

To help with this I started putting material based on the manuscript on a blog. Some is 10% manuscript and 90% new material or rewrite, some is flipped the other way. The order for some things was changed.

Anyway, the idea is I want it to be something interesting and comprehensible, so I need folks to give thoughtful feedback. If you are curious check it out. I want to share with others, so even if you don't have any feedback I'd still love it if you popped over and gave it a go. If you like the science and philosophy section of the bookstore think you'll find what I write about interesting and may challenge how you see yourself and the world in good, constructive ways.

My most recent post is sorting through terms like "mind" and consciousness.

If that sounds interesting, go and check it out. If not, that's fine. Something else I post here or elsewhere might float your boat.

Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome! Just keep in mind that unsigned comments ("anonymous" people please sign in the text of your comment), spam, and abusive comments will be deleted.